- Low Cost (other methods can cost three times as much and can’t be moved.)
- Creates an immediate, clear area of water that can be enjoyed right away
- Once installed, mats will control 100% of aquatic plant growth
- Expected life of a mat is 7-10 years
- Seaweed Control Mats move as one unit, in a matter of minutes.
- Mats can be moved from place to place, covering the entire lakeshore thoughout the season
- No maintenance required
- Easy to store. Large size fold to 8″ around by 12′ 8″ long. Small size folds to 8″ around by 7′ 6″ long.
- Gift certificates available
- Our seaweed control mat is environmentally friendly. It does not harm fish, or other aquatic life. The mats do not affect the ecosystem in any way. Also, unlike chemicals, it does not affect the water quality.
- Our seaweed control mat is superior to other manufacturers that use stitching. When stitching starts to unravel this often leads to the entire seam ripping out. Our weights are completely encased in PVC and capped on both ends making it impossible for the weights to come out.
- Weights hold the mat in place with no additional materials needed to hold it in place.
- Mats are ready for immediate use. There is no assembly required and the consumer is not required to purchase any additional materials.
As soon as our mats are placed in the lake they immediately create a seaweed free area for swimming.
I began using the mats in June 2005, and made my first move after 17 days. I was very pleased with the results. I have spoken to the manager/operator of the Cazenovia Lake weed harvester who has observed success of the mats in the lake and encouraged using them. The manager/operator felt he could concentrate on areas beyond the dock if I could take care of (be responsible for) my dock and shore area. Thank You!
-Thomas J. Carter, Cazenovia Lake